Thread: 2013 Skyactiv 6AT - Transmission Failure

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2013 Skyactiv 6AT - Transmission Failure

https://www.reddit.com/r/mazda/comme...ssion_failure/

My car has 105k on it - mint condition never abused, serviced fully at Airport Mazda. Past two weeks heard a whining noise develop - took it in and transmission is on its way out. Extended warranty has expired Sept 2020 and Mazda so far wants nothing to do with the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyfRWbva5mo

Im beyond disappointed.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2013 Skyactiv 6AT - Transmission Failure

Sorry to hear this. I'm currently dealing with Toyota for a similar issue on a 2014 Rav4. Transmission is fine but poorly designed torque converter has a warranty extension/TSB out to replace it free of charge (causing shudder at 60km/h). I take it in and after the repair I got CEL for transmission circuit solenoid and dealer nor corporate wants to do anything about it other than replace with used/new transmission?? I call BS

I kinda feel your pain...

Ride
    2021 CX-30 GT Turbo
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any competent 3rd party garage should be able to change the transmission or get it rebuilt for much less than $6000. Frankly, I think they're telling you they don't want the job. Dealership service is mostly about routine service these days and you'll always get a better price (and often better work) from an independent garage. I'd shop the job around and see.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flunk For This Useful Post:

Diflexster12 (10-30-2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flunk View Post
    Any competent 3rd party garage should be able to change the transmission or get it rebuilt for much less than $6000. Frankly, I think they're telling you they don't want the job. Dealership service is mostly about routine service these days and you'll always get a better price (and often better work) from an independent garage. I'd shop the job around and see.
    A lower mileage used unit was sourced and going in next week. It actually cant be rebuilt because Mazda corp doesnt sell the faulty bearing seperately or a rebuild kit for the transmission the shop tells me, so its eitheir I buy a new transmission which is worth almost as much as the car now, or go for the used one. I was hesitant in used however due to the problem being so rare, its worth a shot and the cheapest route.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diflexster12 View Post
    Sorry to hear this. I'm currently dealing with Toyota for a similar issue on a 2014 Rav4. Transmission is fine but poorly designed torque converter has a warranty extension/TSB out to replace it free of charge (causing shudder at 60km/h). I take it in and after the repair I got CEL for transmission circuit solenoid and dealer nor corporate wants to do anything about it other than replace with used/new transmission?? I call BS

I kinda feel your pain...

Almost exact same situation!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markow202 View Post
    Almost exact same situation!
    Well I ended up going to Mister Transmission in Mississauga on Woodchester drive. The owner Giorgio diagnosed my Rav4 quickly and determined it was an electrical issue with the solenoid and replaced the valve body (solenoid is sealed in the valve body) and found some of the wiring/pins were not connected properly from when TOYOTA last touched my car!! He gave us a detailed report and I'm going to fight with corporate about this.

In the end costed me $1700+ tax to fix with Mister Transmission compared to the $3000+ Toyota wanted to replace with used transmission (which was totally unwarranted and was caused by their own technicians in the first place). So I recommend you take your vehicle to Mister Transmission Woodchester location in Mississauga if you're having transmission issues. They will give you a fair and honest advice/quote and I trust them 100%.

All the best let me know how it goes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Diflexster12 For This Useful Post:

G ~ MINI (11-01-2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Thanks for this
    I m actually reaching to Mister Transmission in Markham ...also alot of positive reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Diflexster12 View Post
    Well I ended up going to Mister Transmission in Mississauga on Woodchester drive. The owner Giorgio diagnosed my Rav4 quickly and determined it was an electrical issue with the solenoid and replaced the valve body (solenoid is sealed in the valve body) and found some of the wiring/pins were not connected properly from when TOYOTA last touched my car!! He gave us a detailed report and I'm going to fight with corporate about this.

In the end costed me $1700+ tax to fix with Mister Transmission compared to the $3000+ Toyota wanted to replace with used transmission (which was totally unwarranted and was caused by their own technicians in the first place). So I recommend you take your vehicle to Mister Transmission Woodchester location in Mississauga if you're having transmission issues. They will give you a fair and honest advice/quote and I trust them 100%.

All the best let me know how it goes