Thread: Orange Virus Tuning ( OVT ) for Mazda' ecu's is back in 2022

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Orange Virus Tuning ( OVT ) for Mazda' ecu's is back in 2022

As some of you may know OrangeVirus was tuning Mazda 3 ecu's remotely with mazdaedit software.
    Rafael (mat's protégé) continued under OVT for a while while Mat Wilson continued to develop VF Tuner...
    Now he is back with his own version of mazdaedit called VF which he has been developing while tuning toyota ecu's

As for what's coming: (taken from mazda 3 Revolution forum in usa)

1) Support for MZR and Skyactiv (Gas, Diesel, and Turbo) engines are coming/being worked on.
    2) Unfortunately, no discussion on the Skyactiv-X, or the Hybrids yet.
    3) Maps/tables (aka the settings a tuner/customer edits/tunes) that will exceed what is available in MazdaEdit.
    4) Example for #3 is DPF off for Sky-D. Or I-stop off for Sky engines with the i-stop system. Better E85 support is also planned so that customers using that fuel will have less problems over the winter. And of course, more control over the engine of the car. As we made revolutionary strides in Toyota, we will now bring them to Mazda, where our roots all started from.
    5) We will offer tunes

Me ---- > I am especially excited about num 3 ... I have always felt that NA engines under mazdedit were being able to be maximized.

Continued from the forum :

No rush! This is slated for next year, around 2nd half of the year. (Rafael) I am responsible for adding support for the ECUs of Toyota
    and Mazda (Mathew cracks the ECU and does the programming), so this will be a mountain of work. As always, your patience and understanding is legendary.

Oh, also, just to add to my post earlier of what's coming:
    1) We already tested our tuning program to work on Android mobile devices. So, yes, no need to bring a laptop next time. But we do need to test on
    more mobile devices, on different brands (Samsung, etc)
    2) Bluetooth OBD2 device. So no more wires either.

SO !! What do you guys think about all this !!
    Cheers
    G

Last edited by G ~ MINI; 11-23-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Orange Virus Tuning ( OVT ) for Mazda' ecu's is back in 2022

What !!
    No one is excited ...lolol

Ride
    2021 CX-30 GT Turbo
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's cool, but since I bought this Turbo mini SUV thing I'm not too likely to tune it, 250HP and 320 torque is a lot for something like this. Although I may change my mind 5 years from now, but it'll need to do brakes, coilovers and performance tires first. Acceleration is not the thing holding it back.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flunk View Post
    I think it's cool, but since I bought this Turbo mini SUV thing I'm not too likely to tune it, 250HP and 320 torque is a lot for something like this. Although I may change my mind 5 years from now, but it'll need to do brakes, coilovers and performance tires first. Acceleration is not the thing holding it back.
    They are some guys on the mazda 3 revolution forum looking to remap the new turbo so there is more on top end but the talk is that the add would be 25-35 HP but would lose some of that low end torque.
    But i hear you ... faster doesnt mean more HP. Upgrading that you mentioned as simple as better better tires, brake pads and even just upgrading the dampeners (not even going to coil overs) can turn it into a more aggressive car
    and more confident car in the curves. Plus the turbo is a heavy girl at 3420 lbs ... better brakes and tires first.