Thread: Want to buy a Mazda 3, again...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Want to buy a Mazda 3, again...

Have been driving my late 2008 2.0 HB since 2010 to now... It's 240k incoming... So far, beaides regular maintenance, done quite a lot repairs in these years... Said to myself before, I won't never buy Mazda again... And thinking about retiring it since about 2 years ago... However, it become a good partner to come through the pandemic with my family and never put us down~ and this old girl really changed my mind in these two years..

So... I am looking for a new Mazda3 and found that there are 3 main models... Don't think I will take the 2.0 again... And thinking the turbo GT jumps up to 30K+, and I don't think I like the turbo stuff, So i will probably skip that 'high end' model... However the added features on the GT are attractive to me...

If so, the only choice will be the 2.5

Any comments on this model line up? Looks only one package to choose if u want some 'loaded stuff'...

Made in Japan or Mexico?

Please free feel to speak out if you want to share anything about it... Much appreciated ~

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Want to buy a Mazda 3, again...

The 2022 Mazda 3 hatch GT is made in Japan. I believe the sedan is assembled in Mexico.

The 2.5 is arguably one of the best engines Mazda has ever made and used throughout their line-up. Also good fuel consumption numbers.

As for options, I'm not too keen on some of the shite they're coming with now; Lane change, parking assist, but like the more logical tech like blind-spot monitoring and rear-view camera.

Other members can chime in If I'm wrong about anything I've stated.

_3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flagrum_3 For This Useful Post:

YepYep (07-17-2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the ideas~

I think the same, the 2.5 is a very good spot in the engine line up... Powerful enough, good fuel economy, not expensive, balanced....

However I like the leather, sun roof, rear spoiler, fog light... Don't think I want and need things like blind spot scanning, traction control, course... Backup camera is a good thing and my wife need that tho...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As @Flagrum_3 mentioned the gadgets in the newest models have had issues reported on other forums...bugs needing new firmware flashed
    Its all under warranty so its not a big issue. There is also an issue with the 2021 turbo having rear diff failures mentioned with USA owners

Also another mention about these new smartphone connectivity and other electronics is that they have a high draw and can drain battery
    after 1-2 weeks of car being parked. Its not a battery flaw. But if you daily drive car its not an issue at all.
    Last edited by G ~ MINI; 07-18-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    Also another mention about these new smartphone connectivity and other electronics is that they have a high draw and can drain battery after 1-2 weeks of car being parked. Its not a battery flaw. But if you daily drive car its not an issue at all.
    Well, that means even you unplugged the key from the car, it actually still have lots of things keep running on battery? Just like I heard that ppl forgot to unplug the code reader and had the battery drained?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing Mazda is up to covering most of those electronics parts.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also another mention about these new smartphone connectivity and other electronics is that they have a high draw and can drain battery

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)