Thread: Auto adjustable brake system?!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Auto adjustable brake system?!

Talking about my 2008 hatchback.

Remember long time ago I read somewhere that the Mazda has this so called a auto self adjustable brakes...

Like the hand brake, when it goes loose, and you can just pull it higher all the way a couple times, and it will adjusts itself back to the normal pull height...

Just wondering if the normal brake has the same feature too? And just for normal adjusting, not related to the rotors and pads replacement, we can trust it and depend on it?!

My case is about 1, 2 months ago, my handbrake light looked going wrong. When you lower it, the handbrake light was still on... However it won't affect the Daily running light, so I thought it's because of its age.... Anything is normal, right?

Not sure if this relates to what happened later below...

Since last week, the brake padel looks looser and looser, and two days ago, I almost need to step on it and step it all the way down to the floor to stop the car... Usually i think only half of the distance it should go to apply enough brake to stop the car and actually it will become hard and firm and you actually couldn't step it that deep...

But just had this for about two days, maybe 4 or 5 trips including the test drives i did to verify the issues... It just back to normal... Checked fiuld is all good, and I stepped it all the way to the floor with engine on, Parking on and car on my drive way...

I already booked my appointment for brake system all check including flushing anything... And, at the same time, my handbrake light back to normal too.

Anyone here knows an explanation or experience on this??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Auto adjustable brake system?!

The problem is likely a bad master cylinder or failed ABS module.... I would be careful driving it until you get it completely checked. If the "handbrake" warning light is on when the handbrake is released there is something wrong with the brake system, e.g. low brake fluid, low brake pressure, etc. Sure it went out and braking came back, but cars don't heal themselves, so whatever the cause is it is still lurking, ready to bite.
    2008 Carbon Gray GT Sedan 5 Speed