Thread: Mazda 3 Consolidated List for Drop Springs

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 700 Posts
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Replying to Topic \'Mazda 3 Consolidated List for Drop Springs\'

Quote Originally Posted by Hofu87 View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Any recommendations on shocks?
    People often pair KONI oranges or yellows with springs. There are also TONNES of other shocks/struts available.

Take this with a grain of salt:

Honestly, the gen 3 cars ride so much nicer than gen 1s.
    If you were to swap out the shocks/struts with something stiffer, rated/designed for lowering spings, get lowering springs and maybe change your rims if you haven't already.... Your ride will be nowhere near as comfortable as it is now. Something to keep in mind. Unmodified, my car rode a lot smoother than it is now and I miss it 2 years later. The handling has improved tenfold, but at the cost of most comfort.

Again it's all about people's tolerances/preferences for comfort and ultimately how you want your car to ride.

You do sacrifice a degree of comfort when lowering/swapping in stiffer springs/shocks.

You could probably come out to a meet when it warms up and possibly take a drive with a gen3 owner who has lowered their car in a similar setup to what you're looking at. See if it's what you want. There are a few people on here who have lowered gen3s.

Edit: I tried to say the same thing in 4 paragraphs LOL

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiewan For This Useful Post:

Hofu87 (03-21-2016),natspriceless (03-29-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiewan View Post
    People often pair KONI oranges or yellows with springs. There are also TONNES of other shocks/struts available.

Take this with a grain of salt:

Honestly, the gen 3 cars ride so much nicer than gen 1s.
    If you were to swap out the shocks/struts with something stiffer, rated/designed for lowering spings, get lowering springs and maybe change your rims if you haven't already.... Your ride will be nowhere near as comfortable as it is now. Something to keep in mind. Unmodified, my car rode a lot smoother than it is now and I miss it 2 years later. The handling has improved tenfold, but at the cost of most comfort.

Again it's all about people's tolerances/preferences for comfort and ultimately how you want your car to ride.

You do sacrifice a degree of comfort when lowering/swapping in stiffer springs/shocks.

You could probably come out to a meet when it warms up and possibly take a drive with a gen3 owner who has lowered their car in a similar setup to what you're looking at. See if it's what you want. There are a few people on here who have lowered gen3s.

Edit: I tried to say the same thing in 4 paragraphs LOL
    Just finished talking with Nextmod about Koni's. Found out they don't produce Koni oranges for the new gens yet. Not really interested in the yellows. They seem to be a little more than what I'm looking for. Next best brand for similar type shocks/struts?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 700 Posts
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just finished talking with Nextmod about Koni's. Found out they don't produce Koni oranges for the new gens yet. Not really interested in the yellows. They seem to be a little more than what I'm looking for. Next best brand for similar type shocks/struts?

Search up all the previously mentioned brands for gen1 & 2 in this thread and other threads and make a short list of stuff that has been made for your gen3.

Research each available option and post your findings in a new gen3 specific thread for others who may be in a similar situation looking for gen3 shocks.

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys! Also looking to add a lower stance to my ride. Driving a 2015 GT hatch and not wanting a huge drop. Not interested in camber kits or any of that nonsense. Was checking out the Eibach prokit. Heard it's 1 inch in the front and 1.3 in the rear. Was wondering if any of the members have had any experiences with this kit on the new gens? Can you run stock shocks? Any bump stop issues? Also I noticed Eibach has the springs listed for a 2014 only. Don't think anything changed to the 2015 model but I could be wrong. Scared about going with some of the lesser known brands out there. This was the smallest drop I could find on the market. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
    I ran Corksport springs on stock suspension until last week. The ride was a bit rough but not terrible. The only snag is that springs settle and the drop will likely be more than you read in the product description. For example: Corksport has a 2" rear drop listed but it really the rears dropped to 2.5/2.75

I'm pretty sure @Stupidducky went with Eibach...she's can give you some great advice
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to natspriceless For This Useful Post:

Hofu87 (03-30-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natspriceless View Post
    I ran Corksport springs on stock suspension until last week. The ride was a bit rough but not terrible. The only snag is that springs settle and the drop will likely be more than you read in the product description. For example: Corksport has a 2" rear drop listed but it really the rears dropped to 2.5/2.75

I'm pretty sure @Stupidducky went with Eibach...she's can give you some great advice
    You are right . I have the prokits as like you I did not want a dramatic drop and that's exactly what the pro kits are in fact I get made fun of because I still look 4x4 . But not anymore I have been running these for a year now and no issues. Stock shocks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidducky View Post
    You are right . I have the prokits as like you I did not want a dramatic drop and that's exactly what the pro kits are in fact I get made fun of because I still look 4x4 . But not anymore I have been running these for a year now and no issues. Stock shocks.
    Nice! I have pretty much lowered it down to the Racing beats or the Pro-kit. I had a bagged truck for a few years and that's the only scraping I want to hear lol. I live around a ton of speed bumps and don't need to hit the bump stops to be happy. Do you have any pictures of the car with the drop? Obviously a bit hard to tell based on your avatar lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice! I have pretty much lowered it down to the Racing beats or the Pro-kit. I had a bagged truck for a few years and that's the only scraping I want to hear lol. I live around a ton of speed bumps and don't need to hit the bump stops to be happy. Do you have any pictures of the car with the drop? Obviously a bit hard to tell based on your avatar lol
    Oh trust me, you've got lots of clearance with the pro kits.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123