Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda of Toronto Review

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mazda of Toronto Review

Well.. here is the initial thread: http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2168

(ISSUE RESOLVED THANKS TO FLIPSPEED )

(ORIGINAL ISSUE)
    (NEW STATEMENT)
    Car was dropped off last monday night of the 18th .. my car was promised to be looked over first thing in the morning (7:30am) in order to be able to order parts for the same day. Car however was not looked over until after 11:30am after I called in, fuel pump had to be ordered and I was required to leave the car with them. (ok fine..) Car was left fuel pump ordered; Mechanic installed pump however car stalled and did not start up at all .. (this was later installed next day at 2-3pm!!! again what was the point in leaving it overnight??) Recieved call that the pump failed and another pump was ordered and I would get a courtesy car .. got a blue neon and lived with that terrible event for a day, after that next day I called right after my exam to go pick up the car (once again car was not looked at/part not installed until I placed a call.) Picked up my car everythign was cool the service person who looked after my car was Vincent Chow (in my opinion hes a very smooth bullshyt talker!) was really nice and SEEMED caring ... The following night the problems which were stated in the initial thread:
    -Hardstart
    -Exhaust Rattling
    -Breaks Squeeling In Morning
    (ALL UNRESOLVED)
    Placed an imediate call and was told by Vincent to wait it out for the weekend and see what happens/takes. After repeated problems, I called him again over the weekend and he told me to bring it in on moday and he will take care of everything for me (smooth talking b@stard!!)

The monday (TODAY) I went apparently Vincent had the day off (wtf?? he left no note that I was coming in .. NOTHING, example of the QUALITY service that you get here!) and I was serviced by someone named Phil who was VERY EXTREMELY rude. I did some research over the weekend and printed out some TSB/SBB sheets that were related to my problems (breaks squeeling and hatdstart) In the hardstart it clearly stated the proceedures and items to replace I brought up the concern that they did not replace the spark plugs and the other SBB/TSB that I brought just as information to show them so I did not seem like an idiot.... but apparently he threw all of that back in my face, and told me that printing and finding this stuff online is useless and wasting his time and mines and he wouldnt be able to do anything with them... even tho it was clearly offering a possible solution to my problems.. I had to wait over 3 hours at Mazda of Toronto with bad service and bad everything!!!

NOW I have to leave my car overnight again to see if the mechanic can test and SLOWLY TEST and FIND OUT the problems... (i swear to god.. if my car does not get looked at at 7:30am when I call them there will be HELL to pay.. HELL!!)

(FOLLOW UP)
    I went back in at 4pm to pickup my car, had a friend give me a lift down to Mazda of Toronto. Noticed everyones attitude towards me had changed and was directed to speak with the Service Manager Dave. Dave was a really friendly guy, and took alot of time to slowly explain to me the problems which were plaguing my car unlike all those other quick answers. Well to cut this short Flipspeed had informed joe about this post on the TM3 Forums and they would like to pose a solution and satisfy the customer me Dave gave me a courtesy car, and guaranteed that my car would be finished and ready for pickup the next day.. THey said that they had spoke with Mazda Canada and they said to put in 1 more pump and if the pump did not work they would replace my entire fuel tank.. Well the next day, the car was looked at and tested and was ready for pickup at 11am. I waited till 3 to go pick it up to make sure that the car had been sitting there for at least 1 hr so that I could test the hardstart when I started the car. Car was amazingly washed INSIDE and OUTSIDE everything looked shiny and polished, even the inside engine cover etc.. just have no work report which I will pickup this saturday.. overall when going to Mazda of Toronto go and find Dave and Flipspeed you are guaranteed to get great service and great results.

However there is this noise coming from the wheels sounds like something is loose.. gotta bring it back this weekend when im picking up my report.. will post a follow up after this weekend.. for the status of the car but so far so good... Not only is the car making noise in the back but I discovered recently that my ENTIRE back seat jus falls out of place and there are nuts and bolts for my back seat on the floor of my car.. or something .. gotta get this fixed on monday when I go in.... not good not good... followup on monday.. gotta live with a loose backseat now..

(FINAL FOLLOW UP!!)
    Well I took my car in on monday morning and went directly to find Joe(Flipspeed) and Dave in the parts department. Dave had my car driven in right away and my seats (new problem 1) were put back on. Turned out that the cap I found was the cap for the fuel pump.. errie.. well the seat and fuel pump cover was all put back on and bolted down in under 5 minutes...
    Took the car out of the parking lot very happy and got a little promise from Dave as well *wink* But saddly the second I took the car off the lot and onto younge street I heard the squeek (new problem 2) it was still squeeking everytime my rear wheels went over a bump... took the car back again.. this time im counting .. I think its the.. 5th time?? .... Ive brought it back... neways I took it back and waited about 1hr and the problem was fixed .. somehow the rear light lense got loose or something... well anyways...
    Now the car is running fine all problems seem to have been solved... Ill be back here for my 16k service.. its finally over *sigh*

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Mazda of Toronto = EXCELLENT IN SERVICE !!\'

Excellent news! I was hoping someone would post up some positive info about them. I\'m gonna book my next service there tomorrow.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update: trouble with starting car not fixed..

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did they advise you what the diagnosis was for that \"car not starting\" problem? They did replace the fuel pump?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My car\'s going to Mazda of Toronto to get a few things done in about 2 weeks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they did replace the fuel pump... theey said the trouble starting issue has to do with the fuel pump after they ran a diagnosis over the computer or something.. is it possible to have HOT start and COLD start problems? lol fixed the HOT but not the COLD? neways.. Imma call back today to see whats goin on ^^ keep u updated.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the guy dosnt help at all.. the car has been a tthe mazda of toronto servicing for the last 3 days I had NO CAR had been promised the car on few ocasions but was still unable to retrieve car back. The problems which he stated are fixed are all still there.. I wonder if they even bothered to check right now... The engine still hessitates really bad upon startup.. and even after they did computer tests etc they still cant tell me whats wrong with my car.. HELP!?!? should I switch to another dealership?.. cuz this guy jus keeps throwing me in circles..... so far great service.. lousy results..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes, I\'m gonna hold off on booking my next appointment......can you please keep us posted.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah man no problem.. I didnt think of this till my mom told me .. like there service is excellent .. but the results arent that good.. I searched all over m3f and it says that changing the fuel pump should have solved my hard start problem.. however it did not .. and now they refuse to do any other service on my car until after they ask mazda canada.. so am I supposted to wait and live with it???... Im going to bring it back there on monday and sit there and make them work on my car.. cuz either way im taking my car out of that lot by 4pm.. I need it

ill keep you guys posted as to what happens..

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by akz

Well.. here is the initial thread: http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2168

after taking my car to Markham Mazda for my 8k service the car just feels more run down and more run down... Apparently my car needed the fuel pump recall which when I asked at Markham Mazda they refused to acknowledge any existance of this recall. Lets start the review

Location: The car lot is pretty huge however the location at yonge and steels can make be pretty busy, however the lot is always accessable you wont be trapped in

Service: Whether in person or over the phone the service person which followed me on my car: Vincenet was nice and curtious over the phone (even when I kept bugging him for an update on the status of my car) Helped me pick up my mom from work and even gave us a curtosy car at last minute when car was deemed not ready. (really helped me out, as I had exams and needed a car.)

No cheap shots everything is ready and I was taken care of, I wrote a long list of things for them to check on my car. Everything was taken care of, even problems which I did not ask to get looked at that were discovered by them were fixed. Everything put down in writing for me to see with no hesitation, IMO the car runs smoother and better than before lol

Everything was fixed I even got to check out my car before I signed anything .. all in all Mazda of Toronto is a great dealership I urge you all to go and give it a try.

All in all great service, great dealership *plus props to the rest of the staff all were wearing smiles and were very friendly the way tings should be, unlike markham mazda... .

A+++++++ Dealership thx for the recommendation Flipspeed.

With the fuel pump recall you should have got a recall notice in the mail, did you?
    If not than your car was not included in the recall. A Mazda dealer would know if there was a recall, also they would want work so to turn you away doesn\'t sound right to me.???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by nifty6

With the fuel pump recall you should have got a recall notice in the mail, did you?
    If not than your car was not included in the recall. A Mazda dealer would know if there was a recall, also they would want work so to turn you away doesn\'t sound right to me.???

well they did turn me away.. and no I did not get a recall notice .. but I highly doubt that I would considering the dealer I purchased it from was Markham Mazda. Well Im going to take it back on Monday and if still nothing gets solved.. I guess im just going to have to take this issue to another dealer until one gets it right, its unfair to live without my car just because they left the car there and didnt do anything with it ..

sigh... I hope this problem gets fixed asap... wheres flipspeed ~_~

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what all our 3 problems have addressed TSB. recalling the car either volunteer recall or ordered by government, than we\'ll get letter for what we should take care about the recall. I got my airbag sensor changed which is a common problem for 3, but also I didn\'t recieve any letter from Mazda.
    From Mazda 3 to Honda Fit to none!!!!

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akz,

I would suggest you try Airport Mazda; I am really impressed by their quality service.
    2004 Mazda3 -GT GFX Sedan
    Lava Orange

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Mazda of Toronto = BAD!!!\'

Originally posted by civiclad

Akz,

I would suggest you try Airport Mazda; I am really impressed by their quality service.
    Ive gotta drop it off tonight already man... no point in taking it to another place till the next servicing .. cause they already started fixing the problem might as well let them finish it.. no point in taking it to another place and starting all over again...

Ill let you guys know what happens ...
    (where is Flipspeed ~_~ ??)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don\'t you get a rental for a car that sits in the shop for days? Or maybe that was a feature for the enhanced extended warranty...
    ____

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

Don\'t you get a rental for a car that sits in the shop for days? Or maybe that was a feature for the enhanced extended warranty...
    with the standard warranty, you have to wait a set number of days before you get the rental (not sure how long).

with the ext.warranty, a rental is covered after 24 hours and beyond until the car is fixed.

this is based on my failing memory.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

errr well if I havent got the car by tomorrow I will get a rental car so I think its 24hrs either way... but argh hope this ordeal is over I hate dealers and I hate mazzda currently ~_~

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by akz

errr well if I havent got the car by tomorrow I will get a rental car so I think its 24hrs either way... but argh hope this ordeal is over I hate dealers and I hate mazzda currently ~_~

damn, thats sucks man, i feel ur frustrations and the waiting!

i lyk a lot the looks of the car thats y i got it, but if that will be the kind of future service that i will have to go through i wont bother giving up the car at the end of the lease period and buying a different car.

lyk my experience, after 700 kms my front brakes are squeeking loud and my tranny jerk from 1st - 2nd when its cold...i addressed these problems with my dealer they said it was normal. i mean wtf, brand new car having these problem? cmon give me a break!, ive seen a TSB about the breaks and they should know that! too bad it is a good car, but mazda canada should look into after sales service coz that is more important in keeping our business 2 dem...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by m_a_t_r_i_x

damn, thats sucks man, i feel ur frustrations and the waiting!

i lyk a lot the looks of the car thats y i got it, but if that will be the kind of future service that i will have to go through i wont bother giving up the car at the end of the lease period and buying a different car.

lyk my experience, after 700 kms my front brakes are squeeking loud and my tranny jerk from 1st - 2nd when its cold...i addressed these problems with my dealer they said it was normal. i mean wtf, brand new car having these problem? cmon give me a break!, ive seen a TSB about the breaks and they should know that! too bad it is a good car, but mazda canada should look into after sales service coz that is more important in keeping our business 2 dem...

yeah the problems are common but TSB\'s and SBBs were issued unfortunately I tried to be smart and bring in those TSB/SBB\'s instead I got it thrown in my face. Cause the TSBs/SBBs have a limit to the VIN numbers such as: production from 0001 to 0004 but all the 2005 models were 0005x so the TSB/SB does not apply to us.. yet we still have the problem.. ~_~ I addressed this and the reply which was thrown in my face was:
    a. Leave The Car Over Night
    b. We Did Not Hear Anything
    c. SBBs / TSB from internet are not accurate (EVEN IF OBTAINED BY MAZDA)
    d. VIN number does not apply.
    ( THESE SHOULD BE PUT AS \"DEALERS MOST FAMOUS EXCUSES\")

-There are other solutions to the breaks/other problems with the mazda 3 that I beleive that can be solved if you bring it to service at a familiar/friendly garage. However if you change anything on the car that would VOID your warranty.. so until then either u wait with the pain and fix it for free or wait with the problems and pay for it later... hehe keep this in mind: you get what u pay for .. aka warranty servicing/repair is no different haha (For Free = Shit Service/Quality)

.... now I have to wake up and call at 730am so that they will tell me they are suppostedly \"WORKING\" on it lol.. neways its life ~_~

The car is worth it hehe its very sexy.. I was pondering the same question to day if it was worth it... like I wasted 4 hrs of my life today waiting for my car and they only drove it into the stupid service center plugged it into the computer and that was it .. I have to take it back again.. wtf.. but once again u get what u paid for..

let you guys know what happens tomorrow... prolly ill be pissed off tomorrow cuz I prolly wont get my car back lol.. some stupid excuse .. (hahaha vote which excuse they will tell me tomorrow above!! haha)

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The car is is currently in the shop right now being worked on. To keep everyone up to speed on what\'s going on. We put in one fuel pump the first time and it wasn\'t holding pressure, then a second one was put on and the car was okay. Now the second hard start problem came up and now it looks like it needs a third fuel pump. This situation has never happened before since I\'ve worked at Mazda. Keep in mind the pumps are plastic and made by Ford.

There is no fuel pump recall yet only a bulletin so try not to get the two mixed up. As far as the spark plugs go it only applies to 2004 models with a VIN\'s lower than JMIBK**** **161220 and are only replaced if they are fouled. So far the only recall our cars have is the airbag sensors.

Now for the brake squealing in the morning, my car has had that problem since November and it\'s been serviced ever since then with the same problem. Now until Mazda decides to come out with an updated set of pads for our cars we\'ll have to live with the squeal.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by FLIPSPEED
    As far as the spark plugs go it only applies to 2004 models with a VIN\'s lower than JMIBK**** **161220 and are only replaced if they are fouled.
    My VIN is lower then that. What are the symptoms of fouled plugs? Just want to be informed in case i should be concerned
    Teambedlam (North York, ON)
    2004 Mazda 3 Sport GT, Velocity Red. Build Date - 01/04
    Mods: Tinted windows, iPod/PIE instalation, Sharkfin Antenna, LCD License Plate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The brake squaling problem also occurs on my wife\'s P5, and we have taken it in for that at least three times, the problem never being solved. We\'ve just gotten used to it, since it really only happens for the first couple of times you apply the brakes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by teambedlam

Originally posted by FLIPSPEED
    As far as the spark plugs go it only applies to 2004 models with a VIN\'s lower than JMIBK**** **161220 and are only replaced if they are fouled.
    My VIN is lower then that. What are the symptoms of fouled plugs? Just want to be informed in case i should be concerned
    can u post more info on this and the tsb itself?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got my car... (exactly 2 weeks ago from today~) and I noticed a squeek when I start the car in the morning. Its been happening since last week. But I\'m hearing here that there hasn\'t been any conclusion of how to fix it. should I bother taking it into the dealership? What you do all say???
    White GT-GFX sedan

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed the squeal these couple of days too. Most noticeable is when I have to back into my parking pad going really slowly.

Has anyone try a major panic stomp stop at 120Km/hr to break-in the pads?!? Is this a possible solution at all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast