Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Cons of the Mazda3\'

Originally posted by chinsterr

Oh, and those blinking lights that blink everytime you adjust the volume (still part of console). Was this a marketing gimmick to draw in young people ? Well im 18, and i think the lights are TACKY. Maybe mazda put those lights to entice the 50+ market seeing as they probably never had that sort of stuff back in the day :p j/j. What will they think of next ? strobe lights ? disco ball? ***lol i think someone at Univ has that one, but ya, you guys get the point
    personally I like it - got into many of a close-calls looking at my dash & console especially at night!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by chinsterr

but will that turn off the cd track number light ?
    umm the which? :p

just try it out it will turn off the red leds that light up when you skip tracks and when you increase/decrease volume

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by DeLaY_NoMoRe

Actually I can say that we already have the best and most features among the same class, look at the CIVICs and COROLLAs, they don\'t even have a standard 4 wheel disc brake, not to mention the AUTO LIGHT CONTROL and RAIN SENSING WIPERS which we all have
    I can\'t STAND the AUTO WIPERs!!! Please allow me at least some control over the speed of the wipers. It\'s always too fast when it\'s just spitting outside. Otherwise spend that money elsewhere in the car, like better rear brake pads that don\'t leave daily dust.

AUTO LIGHTS? Another lazy invention for people who don\'t know day from night. Useless feature that could of been spent on something else in the vehicle. Like better rear brake pads.

These two \'features\' could easily sell for $500 as an option. Just imagine what you could get for $500? Perhaps a better amplifier in the radio head unit?

Nuf Said,

PiCASSO

UPDATE: MAZDA of CANADA, if you are reading this, please don\'t put useless features on these vehicles and place the money elsewhere.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I agreed, I was just saying that we have the most features, but I didn\'t mean to say the most useful features......Yet the rain-sensing wiper thing works fine for me so far, but that Auto light control thing is really an unuseful feature, but as u mentioned, I\'ve rather sacrifice these above features from some other things found usefully, e.g. Stock 6-CD changer, Heated seats or even HID.
    THEN: 2005 MAZDA3 SPORT GT --- Arctic White, 5sp, Leather

NOW: 2009 Lexus IS250 RWD w/Sport Package --- Pearl White

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PiCASSO

Originally posted by DeLaY_NoMoRe

Actually I can say that we already have the best and most features among the same class, look at the CIVICs and COROLLAs, they don\'t even have a standard 4 wheel disc brake, not to mention the AUTO LIGHT CONTROL and RAIN SENSING WIPERS which we all have
    I can\'t STAND the AUTO WIPERs!!! Please allow me at least some control over the speed of the wipers. It\'s always too fast when it\'s just spitting outside. Otherwise spend that money elsewhere in the car, like better rear brake pads that don\'t leave daily dust.

AUTO LIGHTS? Another lazy invention for people who don\'t know day from night. Useless feature that could of been spent on something else in the vehicle. Like better rear brake pads.

These two \'features\' could easily sell for $500 as an option. Just imagine what you could get for $500? Perhaps a better amplifier in the radio head unit?

Nuf Said,

PiCASSO

UPDATE: MAZDA of CANADA, if you are reading this, please don\'t put useless features on these vehicles and place the money elsewhere.
    Thats funny...Mazda puts in two very nice features that luxuary cars like Benz and BMW have standard and they get bitched at. Maybe you are better off with a car like a Civic...arc
    Because honestly, I love those two features.
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT|Winning Blue| OG 2.3L @ 450,000 km & counting

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree, Brake pads you can change yourself. Just to clarify, does the center console problem mean i cannt stick a dvdplayer/navi screen in the 3 ?

Zaku_4

hmm,

i like the auto wipers and headlights. my biggest complaint wiht the car is the brake dust at the rear ><! its a combination of weird pads and the way the car is vented, it all goes to the back. oh well lol. an option i REALLY would have wanted is HID\'s, LED tails, and 5speed autobox; the last 2 are solved apparently for the new 05 models which sucks for me =/. but thats OK =)

i really like this car, very few cons compared to other vehicles

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Zaku_4

hmm,

i like the auto wipers and headlights. my biggest complaint wiht the car is the brake dust at the rear ><! its a combination of weird pads and the way the car is vented, it all goes to the back. oh well lol. an option i REALLY would have wanted is HID\'s, LED tails, and 5speed autobox; the last 2 are solved apparently for the new 05 models which sucks for me =/. but thats OK =)

definitely not the 05\'s b/c if LED tails and xenons were an option, I would have had them! forget leather! :p

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by DivineWind

I have to agree, Brake pads you can change yourself. Just to clarify, does the center console problem mean i cannt stick a dvdplayer/navi screen in the 3 ?
    You can still put one in the upper dash panel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=798031865 7&category=33646

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Optimzer

hmm,

definitely not the 05\'s b/c if LED tails and xenons were an option, I would have had them! forget leather! :p
    The LED tails (Sport only) and 5 spd auto are available on the 2006 models.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree! The wipers always wipe more frequently than they need to.

I almost forgot it has the Auto light feature. I\'ve never used it since HID installed. Simply don\'t want the HIDs to be turned on for a few seconds in garage and off when roll out.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by chaser

I almost forgot it has the Auto light feature. I\'ve never used it since HID installed. Simply don\'t want the HIDs to be turned on for a few seconds in garage and off when roll out.
    if i rmb u can set the sensitivity for the wipers, just read the manual :p
    Audi A3 2.0T - Koni Coilover's

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by m_a_t_r_i_x

poor airconditioning....
    Thats my biggest BEEF with the Mazda3. Someone should have had a fix for this by now. Damn, looks like I\'m going to have to suffer the heat this summer. Hopefully my new tints that I\'m putting in next week will make it bearable.

Mazda of Canada should take a look at this. Don\'t the states have a diffuser kit for this? Why don\'t we have it up here?!?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by iconicrocket

Mazda of Canada should take a look at this. Don\'t the states have a diffuser kit for this? Why don\'t we have it up here?!?

But we do! And it comes with the cabin air-filter!

http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2693

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Shat2

that doesn\'t work at all ...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PSIVIC

Originally posted by Optimzer

hmm,

The LED tails (Sport only) and 5 spd auto are available on the 2006 models.

From what FlIPSPEED said in the other thread, this is not true. The only changes are the colour additions and deletions. TheBiz confirmed those changes as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed.. they wipe too fast even at the lowest setting.. and they lag too far behind (eg. spitting turns into a downpour..) it takes a few wipes before they catch up)

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its on pg 5-46 or somthing like that, idunno it workz for me ^^

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think what chaser and i mean by \"it doesn\'t work\" is \"it doesn\'t work properly\" or \"you can barely tell the difference between all the way \'+\' and all the way \'-\'\"

sometimes there\'s so little rain when it attempts to wipe it and it smears the dust that\'s on the windshield.. IMO the sensors are either too sensitive and too slow to respond.. still it\'s a nice feature to have..

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Location of the cabin air-filter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bluntman

I want to do the mod that migiddy did to his car, he bolted on an RX8 6 speed manual transmission onto his Mazda3!!! :p :p :p
    WTF? I want that mod too...oh wait I already have it (apparently) Pics to come soon. arc

Oh yeah my 2 cents:

1. AC isn\'t the greatest (had to say it)
    2. auto sensing wipers suck, give me variable!
    3. I know other cars in the class don\'t have it either but a trunk release on the key FOB would be awesome
    4. I\'m seeing way too many 3\'s out on the road so everyone stop buying them
    5. Not that I ever need it due to remote locks but ever notice how there is no keyhole on the front passenger door, more cost savings there.
    6. It is the bottom of the Mazda family so we can\'t have it all, too bad.
    Mig

2002 SV650S

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah before i forget, cheap carpet ( i thought it was felt paper) and floor mats.....i understand they are trying to lower down the cost but not on the top trim models!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FLOOR MATS!

I just picked my car up yesterday and noticed how tiny the floor mats are compared to my old P5 they don\'t cover nearly as well I found in the P5 it was a challenge getting them to fit properly but too much carpet is better than too little!
    but if that\'s one of my only complaints so far then I can live with it!
    Acton, Ontario

2008 Silver Mazda5 GT (wifes car)
    2008 Electric Blue Mazda 3 Sport GT

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haven\'t gotten my 3 yet, but from my test drive, the 2 major things i disliked:

no trunk release on remote

annoying as hell seatbelt warning that won\'t go away (yes cause im a lazy shit that doesnt like to put on his seatbelt for short trips :p )
    05 GT/GFX 5MT
    Velocity Red

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

annoying as hell seatbelt warning that won\'t go away (yes cause im a lazy shit that doesnt like to put on his seatbelt for short trips )

this can be disabled...check the manual or ur dealer can do it for u....

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast