Thread: Scheduled Maintenence 24,000 KM OR 12 Months Service

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Scheduled Maintenence 24,000 KM OR 12 Months Service

I recently inquired about this service for my 2015 Mazda 3 and the price for this service is around $300 is that the normal price nowadays?

24,000 KM OR 12 Months Service

Includes 8,000 km service, plus:
    • Inspect and clean brake discs and pads,
    front and rear
    • Lubricate caliper rails/pins
    • Inspect A/C operation

8k service is

EVERY 8,000 KM OR 4 MONTHS
    • Replace engine oil; Replace oil filter
    • Inspect function of all lights
    • Inspect brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid,
    washer fluid and coolant level
    • Inspect all tires – inflation and wear
    • Lubricate all locks and hinges
    • Rotate tires (priced separately)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Scheduled Maintenence 24,000 KM OR 12 Months Service

Go see Jimmy, and ask for a receipt so you have paper proof that it was done (to maintain warranty)

$300 is ridiculous considering it's basically an oil change, a can of grease and a brake inspection.

FFS - they don't even top up the wiper fluids LOL

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@slidxe

Depends where but sounds about right, its a 4 wheel brake service but it should include the tire rotation at no charge. you could go to jimmy, but in keeping the bill for the service there is never a guarantee that the manufacture will warrant that they completed the service correct and that it will maintain your caliper warranty. ive worked for mazda I work for Hyundai now, trust me when I say. I have seen it declined. so just be warned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the replies guys.
    @booster22 thats my main concern that they will void any warranty claims in the future. Thanks for your input.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The major yearly service is definitely overpriced, but Mazda takes nice car of your brakes: they clean and lube your slider pins, grind of any lip from the rotors, and deglaze the pads. At least the Mazda I go to does that.

It's cheap insurance against replacing whole calipers, but you can do it yourself if you are handy.
    2010 Mazda 3 GS (daily driver)
    2008 Mercedes-Benz C230 4MATIC Sport + Premium Package (wife's car)
    1991 Honda Civic Hatchback DX (parted and wrecked)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah stealerships are always overpriced; mostly due to Labour, I do my services at Igarage and just keep a receipt/email of what work was done etc. The cost was like half of what the dealership wanted.

Ride
    1993 Mazda Miata
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It may seem like a lot but most of it is labour time. $240 + hst $60 of that is for the oil change. A little for whatever lubricants or supplies they need for the service and just time. I often see them in the shop taking the wheels off, brake pads apart, grinding rotors, greasing the pins and whatever else they do to get their hands dirty. From what I understand it takes 1.5-2 hours for this service. Our shop labour is $99/hr which is actually lower than most dealers.

It makes sense when you consider all the variables. It just sucks forking out the dough. And believe me. In this heat, those techs deserve it.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GurungBoi View Post
    yeah stealerships are always overpriced; mostly due to Labour, I do my services at Igarage and just keep a receipt/email of what work was done etc. The cost was like half of what the dealership wanted.
    and what do you do for a living. because im sure what ever company it is they are ****ing over the next guy after them that they are billing. come on now. we are all adults here business is business. costs for these things come from higher then the dealers at times and are set by packages made by the manufacture. the dealer just is the retail establishment that facilitates these services. but yet im sure your happy to go pay $2,000 for a 50" 4K HDTV from best buy.. come on the parts to make that i would bet cost less then $500 by the time it is even shipped to the store. so if you dont want to go to the dealer. hey no problem. but when you have an issue and its declined by warranty as they deam the brake service not done correctly.. make sure to not let the door hit you as you bitch on the way out. oh and go back to your so called good priced mechanic and ask him to pay for it for you.. oh yea he will also show you the door. because all they want is your money, not to help you, service you and your vehicle in the correct way and or build any relationship with you.

@CarLadyLisa will back this and or any other dealership employee from any manufacture. buy a car at the dealer, service at the dealer, warranty expires, 100% of the time, the manufacture will help with a repair cost be it parts or labour. then the dealer will kick in a % or cover the other parts or labour. you do not under stand the relationship you build when you buy and service your car at the dealer. people will go out of the way to help you. if you buy more cars at the same dealer the sales manager at times jumps up and helps to pay for stuff. we are in a position of positives to help when you have that relationship with us. but if you dont. and you go elsewhere. 100% of the time, sure we could help. but we dont know you. we dont have a relationship with you. so the dealer does not want to use the good will money they have to put towards someone who does not give two shits to support the dealer, or brand in anyway.

so do you now understand how that works? sure you may pay more upfront, you may never need to get help from the dealer, but the one time you do need help. if you dont service with them. they will tell you two bad, and sure you can kick and scream and call the manufacture. they will call the service manager and the first question they always ask is. "do they service with you, are they a good customer" if the answer is no. you get no help. then back to your "mechanic" who wont help you for free.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ I can vouch for that. The dealer I bought my car from and service for almost 7 years now went out of their way when I needed.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slidxe View Post
    I recently inquired about this service for my 2015 Mazda 3 and the price for this service is around $300 is that the normal price nowadays?

24,000 KM OR 12 Months Service

Includes 8,000 km service, plus:
    • Inspect and clean brake discs and pads,
    front and rear
    • Lubricate caliper rails/pins
    • Inspect A/C operation

8k service is

EVERY 8,000 KM OR 4 MONTHS
    • Replace engine oil; Replace oil filter
    • Inspect function of all lights
    • Inspect brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid,
    washer fluid and coolant level
    • Inspect all tires – inflation and wear
    • Lubricate all locks and hinges
    • Rotate tires (priced separately)

That is overpriced! You just need an oil change. Usually you can get it at any good mechanic for about $40. All those inspections are not necessary as its a new car. They are just a quick check.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ante View Post
    That is overpriced! You just need an oil change. Usually you can get it at any good mechanic for about $40. All those inspections are not necessary as its a new car. They are just a quick check.
    boss.. key word - clean brake discs. pads front and rear. ie BRAKE SERVICE. that is good to do once a year. maintains brake function. everything gets some new fresh lube. and helps extend brake life and reduce drag which will also increase fuel economy. tell me this isnt needed and ill tell you i do mine every year and my factory pads and rotors are at 146 000km. so believe me. do it. im also not an exception my wifes car had 136 000 km on her stock pads before we traded it in. so its a very good service to do. dont do it. and im sure you will replace your pads, rotors or something else by 50-70 000km.

but what do i know. 10 years + in the service industry.. my opinion and experience means nothing

but thank you for being a functioning part of our forum as over 7 years you have posted 51 times.. so let me get the door for you and back over to midas, mr lube, and or canadian tire. thank you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Booter22 For This Useful Post:

outofreach (10-25-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    boss.. key word - clean brake discs. pads front and rear. ie BRAKE SERVICE. that is good to do once a year. maintains brake function. everything gets some new fresh lube. and helps extend brake life and reduce drag which will also increase fuel economy. tell me this isnt needed and ill tell you i do mine every year and my factory pads and rotors are at 146 000km. so believe me. do it. im also not an exception my wifes car had 136 000 km on her stock pads before we traded it in. so its a very good service to do. dont do it. and im sure you will replace your pads, rotors or something else by 50-70 000km.

but what do i know. 10 years + in the service industry.. my opinion and experience means nothing

but thank you for being a functioning part of our forum as over 7 years you have posted 51 times.. so let me get the door for you and back over to midas, mr lube, and or canadian tire. thank you.
    ^ nuffsaid

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- I use Canadian tire mostly of the oil changes but also for other the reasons: (HEARTLAND)
    - I know the guy that works with my car-
    - the parts department is run by a family friend (woman knows alot of things about cars after working for 20 years with Canadian tire Aut parts)
    -they always print out what they have done and do the inspection (8k service) and wheel alignment check and rotate my tires if needed, and I can actually talk to the mechanic about preventative maintenance without the worry of the guy (service tech) price gauging me . ( im sorry but I have a phobia visiting dealerships (mainly with what I went through with purchasing my car).

maintaining the car is expensive. Every three oil checks I Bring my car to the dealership and have the mechanic thoroughly inspect it while doing an Oil change. He tells me what I need to do and its usually preventative but the price tag is hefty. but I value the guys opinion since the car is still under warranty ( on the real though) how much can extended warranty cover your car.. (it only covers the engine) which i dont think will have problems if you do oil changes at the right times and maintain your car properly.

Mind you I will not go to any Canadian tire other than this one because of the same trust issues i have with dealerships ( i get it its expensive to maintain a car but you can't help but save a little right and IT all boils down to customer service (if the Tech advisor is a douche bag and makes you feel like you don't know shit and why are you even asking me this shit typa LOOK) then you damn sure not going back there again. I'll never forget that shit look the tech advisor gave me when i told him two days i got my car (purchased) that the lights werent working in my dashboard and he gave me this look like (WTF) are you talking about instead of fixing the problem or diagnosing it. Guess what the wires where fried and they needed to rewire the car after I became aggressive about the issue.

I'm actually gonna have to bat down anyone that says all Canadian tire sucks.. cause in all honesty. the dudes that I work with over there, says it how it is. At the end of the day its who you know and who you are comfortable with. Much respect to this forum as it somewhat gave me confidence that some dealerships will go out of their way to help you.
    Last edited by 416GXM3; 10-27-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do at least the few first major services of your vehicle at the dealership to maintain that relationship in case you need warranty work done. I personally buy used because I do all the service on my own car. I can honestly say my 07 3gt manual has the factory rear brakes with 30% pads at 210 000km. I service them every other year before winter and when I do there is no seizing or any issues. You can save some money after three years by finding a GOOD mechanic....there are plenty of bad ones out there.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In total, you're spending about $200-400 per year to maintain your brand new car. It's not that steep, to do it "by the book" for the first 3 years to maintain your warranty status, to get quality service (at least we're hoping from the dealership) and something no one has mentioned is that you get software and calibration updates for the ECU/PCM, other components, and your media unit. Make sure to ask them whether this is included in all services, as it should be.
    2014 Mazda3 GS, 2.0L auto
    2010 Mazda3 GT, 2.5L auto

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@416GXM3 not all of them do.. a lot of them do though. I however have worked at 3 of them and I enjoyed it for my few years at each.

Quote Originally Posted by kaleshnikov View Post
    In total, you're spending about $200-400 per year to maintain your brand new car. It's not that steep, to do it "by the book" for the first 3 years to maintain your warranty status, to get quality service (at least we're hoping from the dealership) and something no one has mentioned is that you get software and calibration updates for the ECU/PCM, other components, and your media unit. Make sure to ask them whether this is included in all services, as it should be.
    sorry boss software updates to ecu/ pcm or tcm or radio. nav. anything at all.. is not included for free. only completed if there is an issue and it can be claimed under warranty.

but if you have a dealer that does it let me know. ill bring my car there. could use to check if I have any outstanding updates
    Last edited by Booter22; 10-28-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scarboro Mazda has always updated the '14 even if it was the oil change service.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scarboro Mazda has always updated the '14 even if it was the oil change service.
    do they tell you what version you are going from and being upgraded to.. just the first ive ever heard of a dealer doing any software updates to pcm. tcm. or radio for free. im sure the radio updates they dont give you most current nav do they

Jr Member
    Ride
    2012 Volvo C30 T5
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forbes in Waterloo has updated my software as well. As does Hamilton Volvo. If you're paying for software you're getting scammed
    Never stop zoom-zooming

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    do they tell you what version you are going from and being upgraded to.. just the first ive ever heard of a dealer doing any software updates to pcm. tcm. or radio for free. im sure the radio updates they dont give you most current nav do they
    The PCM/TCM calibration updates I haven't been able to verify (I actually have a Mazda VCMII but I didn't at the time of the last service) but for the radio, I have verified and indeed they updated it.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubcee View Post
    Forbes in Waterloo has updated my software as well. As does Hamilton Volvo. If you're paying for software you're getting scammed
    not so much about why you would pay. its why does the dealer do it for free. its not something you can claim to get paid unless there is a complaint and its required. that's all im wondering.