Thread: Is the Heater/AC still suppose to be on after you turn off the Blower Motor?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is the Heater/AC still suppose to be on after you turn off the Blower Motor?

I've noticed this today, not sure if I've noticed this before because it's getting colder now and I crank the heat up a little. When I'm satisfied with the heat and turn off the blower motor to 0, I can still feel heat in the vent, sort like its between level 0-1 on the blower control. The problem is that, it won't shut off even after driving for a while. If I divert the vents it will still vent it out somehow.

Based off of this image below, shouldn't the vents block a significant portion of the heat/AC while the blower motor is off?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is the Heater/AC still suppose to be on after you turn off the Blower Motor?

Or is this normal for the Mazda 3?

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is the Heater/AC still suppose to be on after you turn off the Blower Motor?

Does it only happen when you are driving?

Have you tried putting the recirc button on when it does this? I am pretty sure it will stop.

This happens to me but it's mostly because the outside air is still being pulled/pushed in through the system and you can't completely close the centre vents. I don't think mine does this when I'm stopped though.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwp_sedan View Post
    Does it only happen when you are driving?

Have you tried putting the recirc button on when it does this? I am pretty sure it will stop.

This happens to me but it's mostly because the outside air is still being pulled/pushed in through the system and you can't completely close the centre vents. I don't think mine does this when I'm stopped though.
    Yeah only happens when you're driving. Was testing this out. It gets annoying tho cause it feels like the blower motor control switch is level between 0-1. Hasn't happened on my previous car. I'll try pressing the recirc button today and will report back.

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LKMS View Post
    Yeah only happens when you're driving. Was testing this out. It gets annoying tho cause it feels like the blower motor control switch is level between 0-1. Hasn't happened on my previous car. I'll try pressing the recirc button today and will report back.
    Yeah it doesn't do this on all of my cars, just the 3. Be aware that by turning on the recirc in some more humid conditions will cause the car to fog up but in most cases it should be fine.

Jr Member
    Ride
    2012 Volvo C30 T5
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried this on my 2015

Recirc on, no air gets through
    Recirc off, outdoor air can get pushed through by physics

Set air to blow at feet or windshield to not feel it when recirc is off.
    Never stop zoom-zooming

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dubcee For This Useful Post:

cwp_sedan (09-28-2016)

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is normal
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy