2010 Toyota RAV4 V6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Considering a 2017 GT

Hello

I currently have a 2008 Mazda3 Hatchback with the 2.3 MZR engine. In the next 12 or so months I'll be replacing this. I'm considering the 2017 GT. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help with...

1) Is the white leather a good or bad idea? e.g. black leather heating up in the summer vs white leather getting grubby...

2) My 2008 has been exceptionally reliable and solid, more so than my Toyota. In people's experiences has the 2014+ model been reliable? Particularly with the obvious increase in electronics/technology that comes with the later version

3) My one beef with my current Mazda is the a/c not being that powerful. In Ontario summers does the a/c fit the job or does it take ages to cool down the car?

4) Day to day, is the extra power of the 2.5 worth the extra $$$$?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Considering a 2017 GT

@ghoward81

i wouldnt go with white interior unless you buy some sort of warranty of coverage with it in case it stains or what no. because even new jeans on white can have color transfer so its alot harder to maintain i would rather have a little hotter interior then deal with trying to keep white or gray interior clean. just get a nice dark window tint in the back and legal in front and a windsheild shade. it will do well enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loving my '17 GT. Huge upgrade even from my previous '10.

1) If you're in a labor trade / don't always have clean clothes / have a dog / kids or don't like to bathe, don't go with the white interior. If you're a clean dude and like to maintain your car you can live with the white, and it is sharp looking, but it does take much more care than the black interior.

2) I'm almost 7 months and 22,000 kms onto my '17. Haven't had any issues yet (knock on wood).

3) A\C is not an issue. If anything it's too cold LOL. I find the climate control easy to use and it works well.

4) IMO - Absolutely. But that's me as a guy who drives a lot and likes to drive. Only you can really make that call. I believe now you need base level GT to get the 2.5 (I could be wrong) and you need Premium package to get the leather. So you'd be into the 2.5 anyways if you want the leather.

Good luck with your search. 1 yr is a long time to have for car shopping, a lot can happen in that time.

Noob
    Ride
    2010 Toyota RAV4 V6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input. I think this has helped me make my decision. 2.5 with luxury package it is...

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghoward81 View Post
    Hello

I currently have a 2008 Mazda3 Hatchback with the 2.3 MZR engine. In the next 12 or so months I'll be replacing this. I'm considering the 2017 GT. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help with...

1) Is the white leather a good or bad idea? e.g. black leather heating up in the summer vs white leather getting grubby...

2) My 2008 has been exceptionally reliable and solid, more so than my Toyota. In people's experiences has the 2014+ model been reliable? Particularly with the obvious increase in electronics/technology that comes with the later version

3) My one beef with my current Mazda is the a/c not being that powerful. In Ontario summers does the a/c fit the job or does it take ages to cool down the car?

Here are my thoughts...

1) I personally love black leather and to be honest it's only scorching for a minute or two when you first sit on it in the summer

2) I went from a 2005 GT to a 2015 GT and find the 2015 to be fantastic. It take a bit of getting used to all the new tech but it's all really great stuff

3) A/C is powerful - I find I only need to have the fan speed on 2 to quickly and completely cool the cabin compared to needing to rip the knob off my 2005 and still not getting much cold air

4) Hell yeah! lol
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently own a black 2017 mazda3 gt with the premium package with black leather. no doubt the leather seats heat up in hot weather and become it's own sauna haha but when it comes to white, I stayed away from it because it would get dirty easily. super reliable, simple car to use with amazing features. a.c. is super powerful believe when I say it haha it was powerful to the point where I turn it down for being too cold, 2.5 imo is worth it, I have the 2.5 and the kick is amazing, for a little far like this the 2.5 is a lot of motor for it

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natspriceless View Post
    1) I personally love black leather and to be honest it's only scorching for a minute or two when you first sit on it in the summer
    Define "scorching" ? hot enough to actually burn you, or just really warm ?

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 Sport that turns 10 in another month and needs replacing. But it has nice black cloth seats and I don't have any experience with leather seats...

Thanks !

SW.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starwind View Post
    Define "scorching" ? hot enough to actually burn you, or just really warm ?

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 Sport that turns 10 in another month and needs replacing. But it has nice black cloth seats and I don't have any experience with leather seats...

Thanks !

SW.
    It's not hot enough that it will burn you, but if you park it in the direct sunlight all day it will be hot, and you will probably have to play hot potato with your butt cheeks for a couple seconds till it cools

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2012mazda3hatch For This Useful Post:

natspriceless (06-23-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2012mazda3hatch View Post
    It's not hot enough that it will burn you, but if you park it in the direct sunlight all day it will be hot, and you will probably have to play hot potato with your butt cheeks for a couple seconds till it cools
    Understood. Thanks!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the leather seats in mine as well and, since i have the sunroof, i quickly learned to make sure the moonroof is closed on hot summer days when parked, that helps too

This is the first time i have leather seats as well but i haven't had issues with them so far and they are VERY comfortable. I'll be doing a 1700km drive at the end of august and can't wait

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shawnmcw For This Useful Post:

starwind (06-25-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghoward81 View Post
    Hello

1) black leather gets super hot!
    2) i just got mine, about 2k km so far. no problems obviously.
    3) i find that problem too. AC never as cold as other cars.
    4) 2.5 is worth it. not a huge bump in HP, but you feel it when you need it. nothing more frustrating than trying to accelerate away from something and it just wont go. won't have that problem w/ 2.5

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.5 is worth it...and torque +++