Thread: Dash Cam?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dash Cam?

Has anyone tried the LS 300w Dashcam? Looking for some reviews for it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dash Cam?

It's basically branded well-known value cam known as G1W.
    One good thing is that you prob can get support/warranty quickly since they are local.

Personally, I won't pay that much for something with no parking mode.
    I have Blackvue DR-3500 on the other vehicle sold in Bestbuy.
    2010 Mazda 3 GT Sedan - Graphite Mica

| Enkei Raijin+Michelin PSS | Rays lug nuts | RoadMagnet+Koni Yellow | SPC Cam.Arm | CS F Strut bar+MidBrace | JBR RSB | CS SRI+AirBox | Racing Beat Exhaust | Amsoil Signature Series 0W20&ATF | CS LED Light kit | CS LED DRL | Corksport LED fogs | Smoked Head & Tail Lights | CS LED 3rd brake | LED Projector Reverse light | FormulaOne Pinnacle series tints | Mazda3 Weathertech Floorliner & Trunkliner | Scuff Plates | Window Visors | OEM Side Skirts | Bosch Icon | CS Tow Plate | CS Hood Dampers |

Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daylindafung View Post
    This might not be so relevant but...

DOD is a great brand. I was in an accident back in 2014 and I had a brand new iGT mzd3. It was totally wrecked (someone went through a red light). When the police officer came I showed him my dashcam and he right away knew about DOD and their cams. He said it was a good brand and that he has seen a lot of people choose DOD for their cams.

He navigated through the footage and saw that the person did go through a late red light and was charged right away.

As for the dashcam, I had the LS430W which is an upgraded version of the LSW330. The only difference being the gps and gps tracking. Post accident, I am still using the same old dashcam in my previous mzd3. It tends to get a little hot in the summer but then again its been working for almost 2 years.

LONG story short, any DOD or dashcam will work.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    2014 MZ3 iGT Titanium Flash Mica - WTB Gen2 MS3 rims

Mods:
    Aero Kit Pinstripped Red, Magnaflow Exhaust w/ dual black tips, K&N Cold Air Intake, K&N Cabin Filter, Eibach Prokit, Corksport Licence Plate Relocator, White Fogs, Blue cabin lights, "EVIL M" Front & Rear symbols, Plasti-Dipped "3" on rear, Red Brake Calipers.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have it for 3 years now. Great camera, good quality both night and day. Battery sucks, but it's usually plugged into the cigar outlet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylindafung View Post

Noob
    Ride
    '15 hatchback black
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dashcamtalk.com is legit and they did a breakdown of it: https://dashcamtalk.com/ls300w/ Ultimately you can get better for that price.

I got the A118-C (http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00UUQD9L6) and threw in the 32gb sd card for 10$. Similarly popular as the G1W, just slightly more expensive but I liked the smaller footprint on my windshield and the fact that it uses 3M adhesive instead of a suction cup. Doesn't come with GPS but can buy a module (something like $10 on ebay). I also opted not to get one with Parking Mode as I often street park in Toronto and I was worried with the wide angle lens that it would pick up every pedestrian walking by and pigeon hobbling around and drain my battery by being on all the time, but I could be wrong.

As an aside, do the USB ports in our cars run enough power to power most dash cams? I have a '15 mazda and only have the always-on cigarette lighter, so I was thinking of buying a USB power cable instead.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNS View Post
    Dashcamtalk.com is legit and they did a breakdown of it: https://dashcamtalk.com/ls300w/ Ultimately you can get better for that price.

I got the A118-C (http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00UUQD9L6) and threw in the 32gb sd card for 10$. Similarly popular as the G1W, just slightly more expensive but I liked the smaller footprint on my windshield and the fact that it uses 3M adhesive instead of a suction cup. Doesn't come with GPS but can buy a module (something like $10 on ebay). I also opted not to get one with Parking Mode as I often street park in Toronto and I was worried with the wide angle lens that it would pick up every pedestrian walking by and pigeon hobbling around and drain my battery by being on all the time, but I could be wrong.

As an aside, do the USB ports in our cars run enough power to power most dash cams? I have a '15 mazda and only have the always-on cigarette lighter, so I was thinking of buying a USB power cable instead.

I am using A118C in my car and am powering it via USB port. BUT, you need a power only USB adapter.
    Google the following term "make your own charge only usb cable". Than use a short extension USB cable.
    That is how I am running.
    Otherwise dashcam will run in media playback? PC Mode? or something like that.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things you need:
    Add-Circuit
    12V Socket
    Wire Stripper
    Test Light
    Eyelet Connector or Spade Connector
    Zip Ties

Step 1
    Find a circuit that's always constant and that's no more than 10 amps if you wants to keep it on all the time or wire it to the wiper blade fuse if you want to turn it on and off with your car.

Step 2
    Strip the 12V Socket and crimp the red wire to the add a circuit butt splice

Step 3
    Crimp the correct eyelet connector or spade connect to the black wire

Step 4
    Plug the add a circuit into the fuse slots and stick the original fuse in and any fuse below 5 amp (Add a circuit takes 2 for both circuits)

Step 5
    Stick the spade or eyelet connector on the bolt that connects to the frame
    Depending on where the bolt is and what size it is you can usually stick the spade connector under the bolt after sanding it down and put a light coat of dielectric grease

Step 6
    Mount the dash cam

Step 7
    Plug the micro usb in and run the cable along the head liner, down the A pillar, down the door weather seal

Step 8
    Plug it in!

Step 9
    Test the dash cam!

Step 10
    Clean the cables up with zip ties and put everything back the way it was

Sponsor - Gearbest

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This dashcam seems good
    Chupad D501 WiFi Hidden Car DVR 1080P Full HD
    Exmor IMX322 CMOS Sensor / 170 Degree Wide-angle Lens / G-sensor / Novatek 96658 Chip / Loop Recording / WDR

Sponsor - Gearbest

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blackvue DR-3500 is the one I use as well and its great! The LS 300w isn't far behind, at least from what I had read when I was in the market.